Originally known as the Shriver Farmstead, this historic farm is located on County Line Road northwest of Virden, Illinois. The farm consists of an historic farmhouse, barn, and smokehouse; it also includes several outbuildings and 4.76 acres of land. John Ryan built the farm's original buildings from 1858 to 1860. The farmhouse has an Italianate design which features a front porch supported by square posts, paired brackets below the eaves, pilasters at the corners, and a projecting gable above the entrance. Dr. William Shriver purchased the farm in 1890, and the property remained in the hands of the family for many years. Ornate and original mill work grace each of the many rooms; as does the charm of the staircase and 12' ceilings. Stairs from the kitchen lead to two bonus rooms which could potentially be utilized as a master bedroom. An additional parcel #14-000-001-03 of 1.36 acres is included, for a total of 6.12 acres. One must see this grand manse to fully appreciate its grace!